Listen to this audio recording, based on the Word of GOD, now!
Acts 16:31 New King James Version (NKJV)
31 So they said, “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household.”
Gevurot 16:31 Orthodox Jewish Bible (OJB)
31 And Moshiach’s Shlichim said, “Have emunah in the Rebbe, Melech HaMoshiach Adoneinu Yehoshua,
and you will come to Yeshu’at Eloheinu, you and your bais.”
Strong’s Concordanceoikos: a house, a dwelling
Original Word: οἶκος, ου, ὁ
Part of Speech: Noun, Masculine
Phonetic Spelling: (oy’-kos)
Short Definition: a house, household
Definition: (a) a house, the material building, (b) a household, family, lineage, nation.
- a house
- an inhabited house, home
- any building whatever
- of a palace
- the house of God, the tabernacle
- any dwelling place
- of the human body as the abode of demons that possess it
- of tents, and huts, and later, of the nests, stalls, lairs, of animals
- the place where one has fixed his residence, one’s settled abode, domicile
- the inmates of a house, all the persons forming one family, a household
- the family of God, of the Christian Church, of the church of the Old and New Testaments
- stock, family, descendants of one
Acts 16:25-30 New King James Version (NKJV)
The Philippian Jailer Saved
25 But at midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the prisoners were listening to them.
26 Suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken; and immediately all the doors were opened and everyone’s chains were loosed.
27 And the keeper of the prison, awaking from sleep and seeing the prison doors open, supposing the prisoners had fled, drew his sword and was about to kill himself.
28 But Paul called with a loud voice, saying, “Do yourself no harm, for we are all here.”
29 Then he called for a light, ran in, and fell down trembling before Paul and Silas. 30 And he brought them out and said, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?”
- a house