Who Are The Disciples Of Jesus Christ?
- If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you. By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples. [John 15:7-8]
- He answered and said to them, “Because it has been given to (Disciples) to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them (others) it has not been given
- And He said, “To (Disciples) it has been given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God, but to the rest it is given in parables… [Luke 8:10]
- Jesus said, “If you hold to my teaching, you are my disciples indeed. (Only) Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.[John 8:31-32]
- He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me [Matthew 10:37-38]
- …And the disciples were first called Christians in Antioch. [Acts 11:26]
- It was the disciples who were first called Christians in Antioche
- And these signs will follow those who believe:
In My name they will cast out demons (evil spirits)….they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.” [Mark 16:17-18]
- Those who do not do this must ask whether they are actually believers.
- Therefore anyone calling themselves a Christian without being a disciple, is a false Christian.
- Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, “If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed.And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”